S K Sharma
- Shyam is a practising Chartered Accountant, having been admitted as an Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales in 1976 and made a Fellow in 1982. He undertook his accountancy training with Deloitte Haskins and Sells, a top four accountancy firm. After qualifying, he was appointed as a Manager in the firm and worked there for the next four years.
- Alongside his successful professional journey, Shyam has always had an avid interest in Law and it is his committed and unstinting passion towards it that has proven his determined and commendable nature. He was appointed a Justice of the Peace (1992 - 2020), and became an approved Chairman of the adult and youth courts in 1993. Subsequently, Shyam was appointed a member of the Hampshire and IOW Magistrates Court Committee in 1995 and remained so until 2005. This committee was responsible for running of all magistrates’ courts in the two counties and the training of 900 plus magistrates.
- The Lord Chancellor then appointed Shyam a Court Board Member of HM Court Service in October 2004 for a term of three years. This board was responsible for all courts (crown, county and magistrates) in the two counties.
- In 2017, Shyam was able to combine his profession as a qualified accountant and his passion for law as he became National Treasurer of the Magistrates Association. This is an organisation formed by the Royal Charter with a mission to provide a voice for magistrates, support members in administering the law and to educate people on the role of Magistracy in England and Wales.
- Shyam has always thoroughly enjoyed providing a service to members of society and has always had a great passion for meeting new people and utilising his skills and knowledge to help others. This is reflected in numerous Non-Executive roles that Shyam has held, including: Non Executive Director from 1991 to 2001 and Chairman of Southampton Community NHS Trust in 2002, treasurer of Southampton Test Conservative Association from 1998 to 2002, a director of Art Asia Trust Limited from 1997 to 2002, director of Wheatsheaf Trust Limited from 2003 to 2006, and director of the Sailor’s Society from 2007 to 2018, an international charity working for the welfare of sailors. Shyam was also privileged to be granted lifetime membership of the Millennium Awards Fellowship in 2004.